Recent News | VIEW ALL

Canadian Council for Children and Youth Statement on National Child Day

November 20 is National Child Day, a celebration of the global pledge made to children’s rights. The CCCYA, of which …

Representative’s Statement on the Provincial Indigenous Self-Government in Child and Family Services Amendment Act

Today, the British Columbia government announced proposed key amendments to legislation (Bill 38) that will act as an important step …
Front cover of RCY Annual Report and Service Plan

Annual Report 2021/22 and Service Plan 2022/23 to 2024/25

The Representative for Children and Youth has released the Annual Report 2021/22 and Service Plan 2022/23 to 2024/25. Click here …

A Parent’s Responsibility: Government’s obligation to improve the mental health outcomes of children in care

A new report released today by the Children’s Health Policy Centre at Simon Fraser University and commissioned by the Representative …


I need braces and I have asked my social worker and have not received an answer yet. It’s been six months. Can you help me get the braces I need?

One of our advocates can help you by requesting that the social worker answer your question as soon as possible …
View Answer

I live in a group home. Can you help get me a transfer?

If you are unhappy where you’ve been placed, the Rep’s office can help you think of ways to solve a …
View Answer

I live in a group home and I am turning 19 soon. Am I able to stay here, or do I have to move?

When you turn 19, you are no longer considered a child in care and you cannot typically live in a …
View Answer

I have been in the same foster home for three years, and now I have to move, but I don’t want to. What should I do?

It might be possible for you to stay with your foster family, but each young person’s situation is different. The …
View Answer

Videos | VIEW ALL