Recent News | VIEW ALL

Canadian Council for Children and Youth Statement on National Child Day

November 20 is National Child Day, a celebration of the global pledge made to children’s rights. The CCCYA, of which …

Representative’s Statement on the Provincial Indigenous Self-Government in Child and Family Services Amendment Act

Today, the British Columbia government announced proposed key amendments to legislation (Bill 38) that will act as an important step …
Front cover of RCY Annual Report and Service Plan

Annual Report 2021/22 and Service Plan 2022/23 to 2024/25

The Representative for Children and Youth has released the Annual Report 2021/22 and Service Plan 2022/23 to 2024/25. Click here …

A Parent’s Responsibility: Government’s obligation to improve the mental health outcomes of children in care

A new report released today by the Children’s Health Policy Centre at Simon Fraser University and commissioned by the Representative …


I don’t feel like my social worker is listening to me. Where can I make a complaint?

Each region has staff known as “dispute resolution consultants” who listen to complaints and help resolve issues. You can find …
View Answer

I am not a child in care. Do you only advocate for children in care?

No. Any child or youth can contact us and talk to someone who will determine if we are able to …
View Answer

I am currently staying at a safe house and I don’t want to return home. Can you help me find a place to live?

A social worker within the Ministry of Children and Family Development will need to assess your situation to determine the …
View Answer

Videos | VIEW ALL